After almost two full weeks out of state, I am quite behind on documenting our summer happenings.
On July 12th, we did a test run in the van in preparation for our long car trip. We had less than 3 hours to travel to Steve's parents for the night, but we ended up getting stranded an hour from our destination with car problems. This was after the $900 tune up we just had. *sigh* Steve's dad came and rescued us and then they were kind enough to lend us their car for vacation while our van went to the "doctor," as Maggie said.
We had another brief panic when their car wouldn't start the next morning. Steve was able to jump it so I could make it in time for a 5K that I ran with my friend, Evie, that morning. It was her first one, and she did great! It was also fun for me to be able to be the top female finisher that day.
After church on Sunday, we started our vacation to Branson. It was pretty low-key, but fun none-the-less. Steve put together a video to show the highlights:
We returned home Friday night after a full day of driving, washed clothes and repacked Saturday, the helped to celebrate our nephew's 1st birthday in Minneapolis on Sunday. He is adorable as was the party.
 |
| Getting after the cupcake. |
 |
| I feel like these pictures pretty much sum up Bode's personality. |
 |
| The cousins had fun popping bubbles and giggling together. |
 |
| My parents were in heaven. |
Monday morning, we spent some time at the Mall of America before my mom and sister took Maggie and Bode home with them so Steve and I could leave on our own vacation. It was our first vacation without kids!
We spent four nights in Las Vegas before driving to visit my younger brother, Andrew, and his wife, Kate in Loma Linda, California. Our time with them Friday evening was definitely a highlight. They brought us to a really cool brewery at a hangar and then out for Thai and handcrafted ice cream. Yum! In the morning, Kate and I ran a niner (whew, you pushed me, girl!) and then she took Steve and I to experience our first Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf latte.
 |
| We saw the Cirque du Soleil "O" show. Awesome. |
 |
| Fountain show at the Bellagio. |
 |
| Morning trip to see Hoover Dam. The heat was stifling all week. |
 |
| Trying a Coca Cola world sampler in Vegas. |
 |
| I've always been curious to see a wax museum, so we went! |
We had a very long night of flying with a layover Sunday morning, but we were refreshed and soooo ready (at least this mama was) to see our sweet babies. They didn't miss us a bit after getting to see both sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
Steve wants to make Vegas a yearly trip...we'll see. :)
What a fun but busy season for you guys! I've always wanted to see "O"!!! So glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteI know you would have really appreciated the skill of those synchronized swimmers. It was amazing!
Delete