I was sitting at our patio table watching the kids play when Maggie rushed up to me, exclaiming, "Wanna hear something exciting?" Um, of course! "Grammy and Bapa know Eli and Grandma and Grandpa! ...But they don't know Buster." (Amazing that different sides of the family can know each other! Buster the dog is new, so that is excused.)
We biked to swimming lessons one day, and I let Maggie leave her clothes in the bike trailer outside the pool entrance since she already had her swimsuit on. Afterwards, as we were leaving, I remembered her clothing was still outside, so instead of changing in the locker room, I intended to put a towel around Maggie, and bike home with her in her wet suit. With this intent, we walked out to the parking lot, and I set to work buckling Bode into the bike trailer When I finished, I turned around to see Maggie standing there...in public...very nonchalantly, I might add...buck naked. AHH! I rushed to shield her, frantically throwing her clothes on. Thankfully, it seemed the only ones that saw my sweet daughter's birthday suit were a couple of shocked elementary-aged girls.
I recently gave Maggie an empty powder compact for her to play with. After I showed her where the applicator pad went, in its own compartment below the powder, it seemed to make more sense to her: "Oh, it's like a toilet seat." Um...okay.
While driving home from Rochester one day, I heard Maggie say, "I love you, Bode." She frequently proclaims her love for me, but I don't hear it as often directed toward her brother, so I chimed in "Aww, that's so sweet." She paused for a moment and then clarified, "Not that much."
"Bode cracks me." (...up?)
While driving in Rochester, I was amazed that Maggie could identify a building as a doctor's office even though we'd never visited it and there were no medical symbols in view. I asked her how she knew. Her reply? " I used my eyes, my special blue eyes."
And here's the one that pulled at my heartstrings. When I asked Maggie today how she got to be so pretty, she replied, "I teached (learned) it from you! You're the most pretty girl in the whole world!" Awwww.
And here's the one that pulled at my heartstrings. When I asked Maggie today how she got to be so pretty, she replied, "I teached (learned) it from you! You're the most pretty girl in the whole world!" Awwww.
Love, love love her!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special girl -- such fun to get a peek into her personality from these quotes.
ReplyDeletehahahahahhaha she has me laughing out loud and then also saying "awwwww". she is so sweet, and SO funny. thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDelete