damask

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summerfest

It has been a full and fun week. After returning from Wisconsin Dells last Tuesday, we jumped right into the Fourth of July Festivities here in Stewartville. They do it big here. Thursday morning started with the Summerfest runs. I raced in the 5 mile then jogged the 3 mile with my mom, and then also got to accompany Maggie on her very first race (1/2 mile). She walked and ran through it, with minimal stopping. During one burst of energy, she exclaimed, "Bapa was right! Unicorns are fast!" (referring to the unicorn she had gotten painted on her face right before her race.)


 

 


 
After enjoying the kiddie activities, grilling out with my parents and sister, attending the parade, and taking in the fireworks from our driveway, we were ready to head to Fairmont on Friday for the rest of the weekend.  I got to see a few dear childhood friends and their babies and then we crossed some more activities off our summer list.  We visited Grammy and Bapa, Maggie camped in the backyard with Grammy and Bapa, and we enjoyed blueberry pancakes and bacon from the grill for breakfast Saturday morning.  Now THAT is one of my favorite summer smells.

Now we have a week at home before leaving for our Branson vacation next week.  Have I mentioned I like summer?


 
 
Another activity checked off our list - tea party.
And her first dentist appointment this morning.  She did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment