Remember this very bright, blind-your-eyes-pepto-bismal-pink room?
We overhauled it. I would have considered keeping it (maybe) if Maggie was in love with it, but she wasn't. She never really used the chalkboard border except to scribble on it every now and then. And she REALLY wanted a purple room due to it being her very favorite color. So we added "Paint Maggie's room purple" to the summer list and got to work about a month ago.
This is what we got.
 |
| Pardon the dim light. I took pictures while the kiddos were preoccupied yesterday evening. Who knows if it will ever be this clean again. |
 |
| Décor is a random collection of new (quilt and rug), thrift store (bedside table and shelf), and crafted items (pom poms, branch and lei headboard, "M" and frame). |
 |
| Bookshelves made from a pallet we had sitting in our garage. I've recently scavenged and collected some more pallets from the elementary schools in town, so stay tuned for more pallet-based projects. I'm thinking coffee table? |
 |
| Maggie loves her new reading nook. |
 |
When asked what she wanted on the walls in her room, Maggie replied, "doggies, kitties, and Disney princesses." I just can't bring myself to plaster her room with cartoon characters, but here's the doggy and kitty she asked for.
The dresser still needs a makeover...someday. |
Shortly after completion, Maggie adamantly decided that her favorite color is now pink (I think after everyone everywhere asking her if her favorite color is pink, she decided it should be). I informed her the room would be staying purple. She's ok with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment