damask

Friday, September 11, 2015

Nature Lover

This past weekend, I recruited Maggie to accompany me on a run (you know - trying to instill a love of being active while she's young).  :)  She was more than happy to come along and we ran and walked for a mile and a half together.

We hadn't made it too far into our run, however, when she observed trash along the side of our path.  She seemed utterly disgusted that people would litter our beautiful world and dedicated the rest of her time to picking up the garbage we came across.  Not wanting to discourage her, I did mention that it would be hard to bring it along since we did not have a garbage bag.  That didn't deter her in the least and instead opted to carry as much as she could before we got to a trash can in Kiddie Park and then reload.

While I know we have talked about not littering (I mean, c'mon, Steve calls me a tree hugger), this is just one more example of all that she is soaking up in Kindergarten.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment