I have a Kindergartener! I know it shouldn't be quite so unbelievable since I had almost a whole extra year with my fall birthday girl, but seriously. It's sinking in that it's an end of an era. I am SOOOO thankful for almost 6 years with Maggie at home with me, both of us learning a lot along the way.
Last week was Meet the Teacher. An already excited 5-year-old became even more pumped after seeing her locker, dropping off her supplies, meeting her teacher, and checking out a school bus.
After a full weekend at Grammy and Bapa camp, she was up early and excited this morning. However, in true Maggie fashion, she asserted her independence and tossed out every plan that we had made in regards to her first day.
Mom drive her to school? Nope - bus! And of course, she wanted to walk to the bus stop HERSELF!
Mom lovingly pack her lunch on the first day (so I could add a special note)? Nope - school lunch! I did still pack a special note in her backpack.
Eat homemade muffins with the family for breakfast? Nope - eat with the class for mid-morning school breakfast!
Yes, she is certainly ready.
We tried to hop in the van and spy on her entering school, but alas it was so busy and I had no idea where to park. Instead, we came home, and I busied myself in the kitchen getting ready for a Boo Hoo Brunch with some other moms and young children while the older siblings were off at school.
The day seemed to fly by for the most part. When she hopped off the bus at the end of our street, she raced towards our house. The first thing out of her mouth? "That was awesome!"
 |
| "The Night Before..." books sent from Grandma and Grandpa |
 |
| My helper. |
 |
| Exploring the bus on "Meet the Teacher" day. |
 |
| In front of her school on "Meet the Teacher" day. |
 |
| Had to do one last Caribou date last Friday morning before the school year started. |
 |
| This morning, Maggie ran in to tell Brooks she got to go to school today! |
 |
| First day of Kindergarten. 8/24/15 |
 |
| Maggie let Bode trail her to the bus stop. |
 |
| Waiting with the others. |
 |
| Bode needed a hug, so Maggie came back to where we were waiting. |
 |
| Consoling. |
 |
| Best friends. |
 |
| Here we go! |
 |
| She's off! |
 |
| And she's home! |
 |
| First day of school snack. Tradition copied from my bro-in-law and sis-in-law. Stewie colors. |
No comments:
Post a Comment