Play Hopscotch: I tried teaching Maggie the real rules, but she said, "Oh, I've got it, Mom."
Color with window markers: You can buy window markers! They're different than dry erase - a little more opaque and stay on better. We started with scribbles.
Then Bode moved on to mixing pears with dried peas.
And I started bribing Maggie with potato chips to practice writing letters and numbers. Hehe.
And then Bode moved on to transferring ground coffee to different containers using a spoon. Hey, he's working on fine motor skills.
Minnesota Zoo: On Tuesday, we were able to join up with one of my college friends, Jackie, and her two children. It has been a long time since I've gotten to hang out with Jackie, and I've never met her kids! Alexis is just a few months younger than Maggie, and Zach is just a few months younger than Bode. The older two got along great, and Jackie and I had a lot of fun catching up and comparing parenting stories. :)
![]() |
| Bode was too fast. |
![]() |
| The girls enjoyed the splash pad. |
Make paint: I used a recipe I found on Pinterest using salt, flour, water, and food coloring. It really wasn't the best consistency. Perhaps it would have turned out slightly better if I hadn't used ultragrain flour, but it was still fun.
Paint a rock caterpillar: Using our homemade paint, the kids painted rocks and we put them together to make a little caterpillar. He looks quite at home in our landscaping.
![]() |
| She was being so silly. This was the only somewhat normal photo I snapped by her caterpillar. |
Paint with water on the driveway: Self explanatory, right?
Bode wasn't feeling it. He had more fun sweeping our driveway.
Splash in the kiddie pool: I really enjoyed this one while it lasted, because I just laid on our lounging chair, watching them have fun. I really can't remember the last time I relaxed on the outskirts and watched them have fun in the water without having to partake.
Eat at the A&W in Spring Valley: This is a really fun old-fashioned drive-in. We chose to eat outside rather than have a mess in the car. And it's been around since the year you were born, Mom! So not very long. :)
I just had to snap a picture of my water cuties showering off after Bode's parent child swim class. Aren't they precious?
![]() |
I let Steve step back into the parent role during Bode's class since the instructor lady told me last time that Bode is a different child (not in a good way) when I'm the one in the water with him. Ahem.
And Maggie got some one-on-one instruction in the water during Bode's class time from a lifeguard with whom Steve has been working on football kicking skills this summer. This 2013 Stewartville grad reciprocated by offering to give Maggie some extra private swim practice. His mom is the manager at the pool, and I think Maggie's less-than-stellar report card prompted the offer. We'll take it! I'm optimistic that the private lessons will help as Maggie is capable, yet resistant. I might have been a lifeguard and WSI certified, but it's helpful when the directions aren't coming from Mom.





















No comments:
Post a Comment