Both of my sweeties were taking their naps, and I was finishing up cleaning the kitchen yesterday when I heard our stubborn front doorknob jiggling. The door creaked open while Asia started barking like crazy. I went to investigate and sure enough, it was my husband, home from work at 1:00 (he's been walking to and from the school this week)! I was surprised, to say the least, and even more surprised when he said that his mom was coming in ten minutes, so we could go out to celebrate my birthday! I had no idea, especially since my birthday isn't for another week, falling on Easter this year. I hurriedly showered, got myself ready, and got Maggie's and Bode's things ready to go to their grandparents' while Steve and I went out.
We did a little shopping with some gift cards that were burning a hole in my wallet, saw The Hunger Games (good!), and ate a yummy Mexican meal at Don Julio's. Then we moseyed back to Isanti and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee at Rendezvous before heading home to tuck Maggie into bed.
 |
| It was nice enough outside to enjoy our coffee on the patio at Rendezvous. Ahhh. |
It was a fun early celebration and a long overdue date night for the two of us!
What fun! So glad you had a nice time together.
ReplyDelete