~Recently, Maggie asked what Daddy's phone number was. When I started reciting "Five Oh Seven..." she stops me and said, "Why is it 'O'? That's a letter, not a number. " Oh. Right. Zero.
~Maggie loves to check out the stars whenever we return home from any outings at night. While gazing at the stars one evening, she contemplated, "Hey, why aren't there falling stars? Are they tired of falling?"
~After celebrating a classmate's birthday at preschool, she came home with a plastic Vikings ring that had been on top of her cupcake. She was so excited to give it to Steve, knowing his love of football and the "purple team." While getting ready for bed that night, I overheard her talking with Steve: "Have you got your ring on?"It's right here. We don't wear rings to bed.""When you wake up you can wear it to school! *squeal!* it's really special!!!"
~On our way to Maggie's dance class today, she noticed that I still had my tiara on from our earlier princess play time, and told me I needed to take it off. "You can't be a princess at dance. You can just be a mom," she explained. I pretended to be sad, at which point she reminded me, "But you LOVE being a mom!"So very true. :)
~After celebrating a classmate's birthday at preschool, she came home with a plastic Vikings ring that had been on top of her cupcake. She was so excited to give it to Steve, knowing his love of football and the "purple team." While getting ready for bed that night, I overheard her talking with Steve: "Have you got your ring on?"It's right here. We don't wear rings to bed.""When you wake up you can wear it to school! *squeal!* it's really special!!!"
~On our way to Maggie's dance class today, she noticed that I still had my tiara on from our earlier princess play time, and told me I needed to take it off. "You can't be a princess at dance. You can just be a mom," she explained. I pretended to be sad, at which point she reminded me, "But you LOVE being a mom!"So very true. :)
| My big girl completed early childhood screening today. Thankfully she wore her shoes on the correct feet, unlike in this photo. |
I absolutely love Maggie sayings!
ReplyDeleteThat last photo is simply gorgeous! Maggie's such a cutie :)
ReplyDelete