damask

Monday, September 23, 2013

Birthday Girl

My baby girl is four years old today.  How in the world is that possible?  I know I say that every year, and probably will say it every year in the future, but seriously, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?  I cannot picture our lives without her silliness and giggles, determination, and kindness and concern for others.


So who is Maggie Allyson at 4?

She loves dress-up, PINK, Disney princesses, and being mommy to her kitties and puppies.

Her favorite foods are pancakes, pepperonis, "little Bobs," and, like her mommy, has a dangerously strong sweet tooth.

She insists on painting her fingernails and toenails by herself, and can spend a large chunk of time coloring as long as her little brother doesn't come and invade her space.

Although a girly girl, she still claims to love watching football with Daddy and playing basketball in our driveway.

She continues to gain confidence in new social situations.

She has a thirst for knowledge, loves to discover "why," and has a curiosity for how things are spelled.

She's still gets frustrated with her active toddler brother, but when separated for any period of time, will greet him with a squeal and affectionate headlock.

She loves to dance and sing and be silly.

She needs her mommy to cuddle her when she's hurt and scratch her back while she falls asleep.

And she gives encouragement and compliments like no other.

I really could go on and on about the many facets of my girl, but I'll leave you with some pictures from her friend birthday party on Saturday.  She requested pink and kitties. (I apologize for the photo quality...bad lighting at 10 am, I guess.)

"MEOW"








Steve got video of the girls making their masks and doing games (hunting for mice - aka Hershey kisses and eating like a kitty), but I don't have any still shots.


Party favors.


 Today, we celebrated with our family by going to Chuck E Cheese and Cherry Berry.

A necklace from Bode

And a princess castle!






4 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday! You did a great job decorating! Sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Sara, it all is so cute! Adopt a kitty!? How sweet. I love your sweet post about her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! What an adorable little girl and such a fun party to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah HOW is she that old?! Adorable party! What a sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete