damask

Thursday, October 9, 2014

FAQ's

Being 37 weeks pregnant at this point, people are getting more and more curious all the time.  So I thought I would place all the Frequently Asked Questions in one place for everyone's convenience.  (***See notes below.) Enjoy!
  • When are you due?
    • October 30th.  
  • Wow!  Really?
    • Yes.
  • You're huge!
    • Thank you.
  • So are you going to like go into labor today?
    • No.  I still have 3 weeks left to go.  In fact, probably more since both my previous children have been stubbornly late.
  • Are you having twins?  Or triplets?
    • No.  Just one.  Yes, I am sure.
  • Is it a really big baby?
    • I'm not sure...maybe...but my other two were 7 lbs 14 oz and 8 lbs 7 oz.  So it's likely this one isn't abnormally large. (I would also like to add that this is how I carried my other two and I have gained the same amount of weight, within the recommended range, with this one as I did with my other two.)
  • How far dilated are you?
    • Um, I don't know yet.  But that's getting kinda personal.
  • Well, you really are just carrying all out front, aren't you?
    • I guess?  Good observation.

***This is written tongue-in-cheek, and I can, in fact, smile about it.  Yes, I do get these comments, though not all from the same person.  In fact, I have gotten these comments for all three pregnancies, and though not completely unfazed (I do often feel like a beached whale), I am generally less offended this time around.  Still amused, though.  Overall, I am just so grateful for a healthy pregnancy, thankful to feel him moving and growing, and am so excited to meet my new little guy.

It's funny - right as I sat down to write this post, I ran across this article:  http://www.themomcreative.com/2014/10/wow-and-other-unwanted-pregnancy-comments.html 

I would agree with the author that it's probably best not to comment on a woman's body or size at all.  Maybe also avoid the "glowing" comment...what does that even mean?  Tell her she looks beautiful, and leave it at that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment