damask

Monday, November 12, 2012

Halloween and November's Here

I know I'm a little behind with the Halloween photos, but better late than never!


The Saturday before Halloween, we took part in some kids Halloween festivities at the High School.  Games, candy, and cookie decorating were the highlights for Maggie and Bode.  
 

Puppy costume by Grammy.
Last minute costume for Bode.  Cape from Maggie's Snow White costume, socks from Aunt Aimee, tights from Maggie, and Speedo regifted back to us from cousin Eli.
Cookie decorating.

My little super hero.
Tuesday and Wednesday of that week, I worked from Fairmont for a couple days so my mom could watch Maggie and Bode.  We visited Grandma and Grandpa Evelsizer on Tuesday to show off my adorable babies in costume.  Wednesday after I was done with work, we hurried back to Stewartville in time for a little trick-or-treating and then quickly washed off the puppy make-up so Maggie could get to Cubbies for PJ night.  Whew!
Chair ride at Great Grandma and Grandpa's apartment.

Great to see them!

Is that not the cutest little super hero tush?

Maggie practiced her make-up artist skills.

A walk in Rochester one day.


As November has come, we’ve seen the end of 1st Quarter for both Steve and I.  And this past weekend, I left Thursday evening for a professional development day in Plymouth on Friday and then attended the Hearts at Home conference in Rochester on Friday evening and all day Saturday.  In those 48 hours, I saw Maggie and Bode only while they were sleeping Friday and Saturday nights and just briefly Saturday morning.  Boy, I missed them!  And Steve, too, of course.  I think all three of them were happy to see me back in my Mommy role when all was said and done. 

 But boy, was the Hearts at Home conference so refreshing!  I learned a lot, was reminded of a lot, and especially enjoyed hearing from Michelle Duggar.  I just wanted to give her a hug.  She is the most genuine and encouraging woman. Now I just need to remember all I learned about child training and husband prioritizing.  To top it off, I was able to spend some time with my dear childhood friend, Becky!  

And with Thanksgiving just around the corner, I'm starting to get in a festive mood!  

2 comments:

  1. oh my! adorable babies in costume! and YES that is the cutest super-hero tush! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still just Love Bode's costume. And that you put it together in like 5 minutes. You are so crafty and clever.

    ReplyDelete