What a whirlwind these past few weeks have been. Our dog had pups on July 27th, and four days and approximately two and a half nights of sleep later, we partially moved down to Stewartville. After two weeks of living in a near-empty house in Isanti, we thought it would be easier to move the whole family (kids, cat, dog, and pups) to our new rental in Stewie since Steve had to start work on August 1st anyways. Wrong. We had clothes and an air mattress. That's about it. Our orange pods, containing the majority of our earthly belongings, didn't come until four days later, and we had no electricity for 24 hours (no "same day" calls, grrr) and no gas for six days (they needed a copy of my social security card, which was packed deep within our pods and then took their sweet time processing the request, grrr!).
We got quite a bit unpacked, thanks to friends, moms, and dads and then the kids and I left for Fairmont for six days to spend time with my whole family, including my sweet new nephew, Grey. The pups are well-traveled at just under three weeks of age, having moved to Stewartville and then to Fairmont at ten days and back to Stewartville.
I have been wanting to sit down and blog and would love to go into more
detail, but I feel the basement mess calling me now that the kids are
taking their afternoon nap. ...Actually I think my bed is calling me a
little more strongly at the moment since I was up at 4:45 this morning
to get my run in before Steve left for school. I'll let the pictures do
some talking for me, and I hope to be more consistent when things slow
down here soon.
 |
| Maggie with friend, Avery, at the Isanti County Fair. |
 |
| Isanti County Fair |
 |
| Farewell cake during Monday night Bible study. |
 |
| Asia with six pups shortly after whelping. We thought this was it, but her black pup, Token, was not born until 8 hours or so after the previous one. Sadly, a black female pup arrived stillborn a few hours after Token. |
 |
| A morning view from our deck in Isanti. Will miss this greatly! |
 |
| One day old. |
 |
| One day old. |
 |
| Squatters in Isanti. |
 |
| Last time at Bluebird, aka Clifford, Park. |
 |
| The kiddos with their first rooms. Lots of love and time went into each one! |
 |
| Welcome to Stewartville. |
 |
| Morning at Caribou due to lack of electricity at home. Needed to charge the ipad and phone. |
 |
| Did I mention it is southern Minnesota??? |
 |
| First delivery of pods arrived. We got many friendly inquiries as to when our lovely orange boxes would be getting picked up. |
|
 |
| The pups made it to Stewie with just a little stress on their part...and Asia's...and mine. |
 |
| Maggie was welcomed to SMS with a Tiger, "Stewie," and a pom pom. This girl is ready to go! |
 |
| New kitchen is getting organized. |
 |
| Sweet little Grey. I was not good about having my camera around very often this trip. Need more pics! Maggie loved tickling her new cousin. |
 |
| Kate's favorite little guy. |
 |
| Maggie loved eating tomatoes right off the vine in Grammy's garden. I was told she named them "Bob," like from Veggie Tales, and then proceeded to say, "I'm going to eat you little Bobs!" |
 |
| A walk at Grammy and Bapa's house. |
 |
| Maggie had a cozy riding spot. |
 |
| Um, adorable! |
Those puppies are so precious!! What a fun adventure... but perhaps the timing caused a little stress. Your new place looks fun -- and yes, S. MN it is! Can't wait to see and hear more about your adventures.
ReplyDelete