I need to share something with you that I believe to be common knowledge, but perhaps not everyone knows. I have the two most wonderful children in the world. Yep, it's true. I am constantly amazed that
I, of all people,
get to be their Mommy. And their Daddy is pretty great, too. :)
My two sweeties provide me with so much joy and laughter. I often just stop and thank God for the blessing of my children. I mean, look at them!
 |
| Maggie found my lipstick today. Can you tell? |
Today was a delightful Mother's Day with my family of four. It started with Steve and Maggie spoiling me with breakfast and my favorite latte in bed. After church and naps, I got to take Bode on a mini shopping trip to Kohl's before my Kohl's Cash expired while Steve and Maggie picked up food for supper. (Steve and I have an understanding that when he buys new work clothes, I get the Kohl's Cash. New suit = spending money for me!) Although we only made it to our next door neighbor's house on our evening walk thanks to Asia yanking the leash and pulling Maggie to the ground, we were able to enjoy some more time playing outside while Steve made a lovely meal: steaks with blue cheese (a yummy Gibbs tradition), salad, and garlic bread. As I said, it was a delightful day.
 |
| Maggie didn't want her picture taken, and Bode wanted to eat my hair. A totally normal photo. |
I am also especially thankful for my own mom today and the wonderful example she has been to me of what a wife and mother should be as well as for Steve's mom and the role she played in his life. Love you, Moms!
You bless me! LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeleteyou are so lucky to have the best kids! they are ADORABLE! i love that photo of you three. so funny and cute. love your dress too. happy mothers day! (a LOT late- sorry im a bit behind). :)
ReplyDelete