damask

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snow Day

We finally got the snow we've been missing all winter.  Eleven inches and still slowly coming down.  Steve ended up getting a day off from work, but went in for a little bit this morning to do some paperwork (the advantage...or disadvantage of living a mile from the school).  While Steve was at school and Bode was taking his morning nap, Maggie and I ventured out for some fun in the snow.


The snow was perfect for a snowman.

 We made a little baby snowman that she cradled in her arms and had to bring over to the mommy snowman.  We ended up making a daddy, too.

It was so much fun to be out in the SNOW!
Maggie wanted to wear Daddy's orange hat.
Asia had a blast, too, of course.

 When we came inside, we enjoyed some freshly baked banana cookies from a recipe I found on Pinterest.  We'll be bringing some over later for a friend that just had a baby.

 Maggie also found a cozy place to snuggle up between the wall and the couch.  This is so something I loved as a child!
I think today's fresh snow made up for the rest of the winter. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing about and seeing pictures of your snow day! Brings back lots of fun memories of cancelled school with you! Snowmen (canoes and loons),forts, and sledding down the ditch!

    ReplyDelete