damask

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

And We're Back



Ok, take two on this whole blog thing. I just realized my last post was over a year ago. So much has happened this past year! I need to start documenting this stuff, not just for friends and family, but also for my own memory.

Well let's start a year ago. Last January (the 29th, to be exact) I discovered I was expecting again. In May we learned it was a boy, and we welcomed sweet Bode Christian on October 17th, 2011 at 12:10 pm. He was 8 lbs 7 oz and 21.5 in long.


Taken by Lemon Peel Photography

Slightly lower maintenance than his sister as an infant, he still loves to be held whenever possible. We *almost* perfected the jiggling, swaddling, white noise routine for baby soothing as suggested by Dr. Harvey Karp. Maggie has stepped up to the plate as a very loving and helpful big sister, and despite Bode still not sleeping through the night at 4 months, we're all adjusting quite well to our precious addition.

Other notable occurrences of 2011:
  • Just over a year ago Steve accepted a job as Assistant to the Principal at Isanti Middle School/Minnesota Center (basically Assistant Principal on teacher contract). It has been a good fit for Steve as he finishes up his administrative license. He has brought PBIS (positive behavioral interventions and supports) to the school and works hard to emphasize what kids are doing well rather than focusing solely on the negative behavior. Below is an example of his dedication to his job!

  • Maggie turned 2 in September! She continues to be a constant source of entertainment in our family, and we are perpetually amazed by her energy. She loves singing, animals, and going to ECFE on Tuesdays.

Dora-themed birthday celebration.


The happy 2 year old.

  • As for me, I'm enjoying being a stay-at-home-mom. I still love sharing healthy living with Shaklee. My online teaching gig fell through for this year, but I sub on the side a few times a month, when possible. I stay plenty busy, trust me.
I'm inspired to keep this blog going, so stay tuned!

2 comments: