damask

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Maggie!

Wow. One year ago today, at 9:42 AM, Maggie Allyson Gibbs entered the world. Before she was born, I always heard people say that life changes with a baby. Duh, that seemed pretty obvious. But I didn't really know how TRUE it is. I mean things really changed!

There have been times in the past year when I've wondered about this whole parenthood thing. There was mastitis, the first 2-3 months of fussiness that would never end, the sleepless nights, the teething, and everything else that goes along with a baby. It was (is) HARD sometimes.

But I know I speak for Steve when I say that we are blessed (and I don't use that term lightly) beyond belief with Maggie. A year ago, she was this precious, tiny, helpless thing with little hands and feet and beautiful dark hair. It has been amazing to see her grow into an inquisitive, take-charge sweetheart with an incredible sense of humor, who says "hi" to everyone she meets (that's her daddy)! She loves books and flowers, loves to give kisses and hugs and is always ready to point out when she sees a doggy or kitty. She is such a joy, and it is so fun to look at the world through her eyes. Her smiles and giggles are absolutely priceless.

So today has been a day of reflection for me, thinking back over this past year with all its ups and downs. What a year. And I look forward to what this next year will bring for Maggie and for us.

Happy Birthday, Maggie! Mommy and Daddy love you soooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment