Maggie's new thing this week is walking backwards. It's really more like shuffling backwards. As with everything new, she gets a huge grin on her face as she moves. I've been trying to get a video of her doing it, but the minute I turn the video camera on she's more interested in that.
In other news, it was strange to start the school year and not be at school. This is the first school year since I was 5 that I haven't gone back to school in some aspect. The first week of the school year this year had me picturing what I'd be doing if I was working. 7:40 - School would be starting. Students would be in their desks working on bell work. Noon - ok, we'd be in the middle of 3rd block. 2:15 - Students would be getting antsy as the school day is about to end. The first week we'd be covering the scientific method and measurements in Physical Science, intro biology and biochemistry in Biology, and classification in Small Animal Science.
I definitely miss teaching, but I know I made the right decision for myself and for Maggie. As we're coming up to her 1st birthday I'm amazed at how quickly the time has gone but also all the incredible changes and milestones that have taken place this year. I'm looking forward to all the new things we have yet to experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment