damask

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Where to Start?


I'm new to this blogging thing. Not quite how personal to get, but I'll start with my life.


After having Maggie 5 1/2 months ago, nothing has been the same! Duh! It was a rough start, but now she is a happy, healthy girl. She's growing so fast, and she is such a joy! Seriously, I had no idea how thrilling a smile or giggle could be.


Since starting back at work, life has become even more crazy. I get up between 4:45 and 5:15, feed Maggie and put her back to sleep, get myself ready for work, get Maggie's stuff ready for the day and try to leave the house by 6:15. These days, it's usually been closer to 6:30. Steve has been making me a Cinch shake for my breakfast and starting the van to help me out. Great, huh?


I commute 40 minutes to work and start the day with my prep. Nice! I get all my stuff ready for the day - planning, copying, etc. and place it all on my cart. That's right, I am a nomadic teacher. I have a Small Animal Science class, then lunch. During lunch, I take care of motherly duties before a quick bite to eat. Afterwards, I teach Biology and another Small Animal Class. When the school day ends, I take care of some more motherly duties, help some students with school work or tests, get some stuff ready for the next day, and leave for home!


At home, I get to love up my little Maggie, hang out with Steve, and get supper. Maggie goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 and then I get ready for the next day to do it all again! Whew!


I love weekends! And spring break is next week. Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment