damask

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Owie

I don't often post about the non-human members of our family, but I think Asia's latest adventure warrants a post. Valued member of the family and our very favorite dog in the world tore her ACL a few months ago, and we were finally able to schedule her surgery for yesterday. 

When we dropped her off Monday afternoon for her Tuesday morning surgery, both kids were in tears because they didn't want to leave without her. Maggie seemed somewhat appeased when I said Asia was going to have a slumber party with other pups, and Bode reported to Steve when we got home that Asia had an owie on her leg. We went back to pick her up Tuesday afternoon, through blustery blowing snow, and she hasn't moved much since.   

So now we're at the very beginning of a 12-week recovery process. The first four weeks will be the hardest in terms of how much pain she is in and how limited she is in her mobility. I have been carrying her up and down our back steps so she can go potty. Poor girl. We hope she is back to her normal active self by the time spring comes around!

No comments:

Post a Comment