damask

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thankful

So many things to be thankful for.

We are thankful we were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with both of our families this year.

We started the holiday the weekend before with Steve's family.


And we were able to travel to my grandma's house in Iowa on Thanksgiving day to celebrate with some extended family.

The only drawback of our travels?  As we were driving the 3+ hours back to my parents' house Thursday night after being in Iowa, I realized I had forgotten to give Toby, our cat, any supply of accessible water while we were gone.  Eek!

We had planned to be gone Thursday morning through Saturday night and didn't want to come home to a dead cat, so I decided I would just make a quick four-hour round-trip Friday morning to deliver water.   When Friday morning came, Steve thoughtfully volunteered, and all was good.  Until...he called me about 45 minutes into his drive with a blown tire.  So he waited a couple hours on the side of the road while my dad made some calls to get a new tire.  They worked on that while I took my mom's vehicle to Stewartville.  I had a grateful cat.


And we all made it back to my parents by 2:45 or so.  Just in time for the kids to wake from their afternoon nap, and Christmas tree decorating to begin.

And a Beauty and the Beast puppet show.

Steve even caught the Auburn-Alabama football game. As I said, thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment