damask

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Autumnal Bliss

I am a fall lover. It is so delightful.

When asked to pick a favorite season, I always gravitate towards autumn, but then second-guess myself as I think of things I enjoy in all seasons and really hate to commit to just one.

But that's just me. Anyways, I do love fall. It has been a crazy busy last few weeks between work (end of quarter) and social life, but here are some photos of our recent activities:

 Halloween! We don't go crazy, but Maggie and Bode love to dress up. Maggie has been fantasizing about her Belle costume for months, so my mom created one for her birthday. Maggie also decided Bode should be her Beast (he may have his own opinion next year), so my mom again amazed us with her masterpiece and attention to detail. She should totally open a shop, in my opinion.


 The next day was our Moms in Step group's first-ever Craft Night. I have been designated as the Craft Lady, so I was in charge of organizing it for this moms' group at church. My committee (oh yes, I have a craft committee!) decided on burlap ornaments and stockings, so I was able to sit with friends and craft away while my kiddos were with a babysitter and Steve was with the Stewartville football team, tragically getting their butts kicked in the Section Championship game.
Photo by Z. Breitenbach from an earlier game. Game face!  Stewie had a very successful season.
My stockings.  Still need to add embellishments.

And the following night, Steve and I hosted our small group. I decided on a dual theme: Costumes and Thanksgiving Appetizer Dinner.  They humored me.
Our version of Anchoman.  I had to do something with Will Ferrell to get Steve on board. Hehe.
And even though we were without heat for two weeks while a part was ordered for our furnace, it gave us an opportunity to have a perpetual fire in our fireplace.  Ahhhh.

So now we're speeding towards Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I'm excited for the holiday season. I can deal with winter right up until January 1st. Then I'm ready to move down south for the next 3 months...or 4.5  (I'm talking to you, 2013).




No comments:

Post a Comment