When we moved to the Cambridge-Isanti area seven years ago, as a 22-year-old, married for not quite a year, I have to admit I was a little reluctant to call it home. I wanted some adventure, not necessarily a white starter home in a rural community. A dog, a new home, and two kids later, this community has really grown on me. As we gained friends and got established, I could truly see us raising our children in this family-oriented, friendly place. It got to the point that I never thought I would say this, but it's time to say good-bye.
We're moving to Stewartville! Since finishing his administrative license this spring, Steve has been doing some applying and interviewing this summer principal positions. A couple weeks ago, he was one of four candidates that interviewed for a middle school principal position in Stewartville, MN (just south of Rochester). After sizing up the tough competition, Steve was surprised to be one of two finalists chosen to come back to interview and present to the school board this past Monday. We decided to take a last-minute vacation to Wisconsin Dells after Monday night's interview, so Wednesday morning, before hitting up the water parks, Steve got a call from the superintendent, offering him the job. We had to do some thinking and praying (as we've been doing all along), but by that afternoon we were confident enough that Steve called back and accepted. He starts August 1st, so we have no idea what these next couple weeks and months will look like as we try to sell our house and look for something near Stewartville.
Lots of changes! There are so many thoughts and questions swirling around in my mind as we look ahead to this move. I have mixed feelings about leaving a place that has come to be so comfortable, with family and friends, not to mention our wonderful church, but we're hopeful and confident that this move is in our best interest. Here's to a new adventure!
I'll leave you with some photos from our impromptu vacation to Wisconsin Dells.
 |
| Wisconsin Deer Park |
 |
| Water parks at Wilderness Resort |
 |
| Goody Gum Drop candy shop |
 |
| Despite being extremely fussy while cutting teeth, Bode still enjoyed splashing around. |
 |
| Being a Stewartville Tiger after making our decision. |
 |
Watching a boa constrictor eat a live rat at Alligator Alley.
|
 |
| On the way home. |
Unfortunately, we came home to find our basement door was closed with our cat's litter box and food on one side while our cat was roaming the rest of the house. Good news: cat pee and poop was limited to one place. Bad news: that place was our bed.
Laughing about the bed...Congrats guys! Nice work Steve (bend elbow, pump fist from back to front).
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! This is a big change, but a wonderful one at that. God has great things in store for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that cat was still alive... bummer about the bed though!
Congrats to Steve on the new job! I'll be praying for your transition. I think Albert Lea is only an hour for both of us so we should meet there sometime when you're all settled. There's a great coffee shop across from the lake and a park. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThat would be great, Sam!
ReplyDelete